Seeking medical treatment outside your home country can be a physically and emotionally exhausting experience and we know that it can be stressful too. we strive to ensure that our International patients not only feel at home, but also go back to their countries in good health.
The following steps would help you to visit us in a hassle-free and smooth fashion and enable you to have a happy and safe healing experience.
Step 1 : Get Information on Platinum Hospitals
Our Website will give you a complete information of our services,list of doctors and the care plans available at our hospitals. You can also directly call and contact the hospitals on the special assistance numbers provided for International patients. Do take time to find out who we are, where we are, what services we provide, and what our hospital facilities are.Do not hesitate to clear all doubts and rais queries as it also helps us in providing you with a satisfactory service.
Step 2 : Selecting your Doctor
Platinum Hospitals has a pool of well trained and internationally qualified doctors who will offer the best possible treatment options as per your needs. We request you to fill in the request information form so that we can refer you to the appropriate doctor .
Step 3 : 48 Hour Response Time
Platinum Hospitals aims to respond to your query within 48 hours. The response will include the depending on the nature of the medical help required, the treatment options and also an all inclusive quote for the treatment .We will communicate to you accordingly if we require more time or any new reports .
Step 4 : Arrange Travel
While deciding to travel abroad for medical reasons for the first time, here are certain must do pointers to help you plan your journey better.
- Ask your doctor if you are fit to travel overseas with your medical condition.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment abroad, keep your local doctor informed so that you can continue your follow up treatment without a hitch.
- Check the credentials and experience of the doctor who will treat you.
- Find out about the procedure and compare your expectations with what's achievable by the surgery. Also enquire about follow-up care needed, time required for recovery, physical therapy, etc.
- Please note that in most cases the final decisions on your treatment will be made only after the doctor meets you and examines you in person. It is possible that your doctor, upon examining you, may decide you are not fit for surgery, or recommends treatment different from what you planned.
- Certain documents must always be with you. Ensure that you carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place when abroad.
- Records like X-Rays, MRI's, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other health records relevant to the surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines in your carry-on luggage.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending upon the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa.
- Credit cards, debit cards and travelers checks: Bring some local currency, travelers checks and one or two major credit cards and debit cards.
- Carry your driver's license or any valid proof of identity and make sure it will remain valid while you're traveling.
Step 5 : Your Stay in India
Our packages are designed to allow for comfortable stay for patients and companions within the approved package costs.For details visit the packages and quotes section.
Step 6 : Points to remember while you are at our Hospital
Registration at Hospital:
You are required to produce your passport at the registration counter to get registered at our hospital. The hospital will maintain a copy of your passport (Photo page and visa page) in your hospital record. This is mandatory and is based on the directives from the Government of India.
If you are travelling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. The prescribed format for the same is available at the Hospital International Patients Desk.